Freelancing is not as easy as some people flaunt it. Yes, it’s enjoyable because you get to choose what you want to work on and also have total control of your time. But just like every other sector or field, you must work hard. In fact, if you don’t put in effort in freelancing you may end up abandoning it for a paid employment, not like the latter is bad though.
What is Freelancing?
Freelancing is a contract-based profession where instead of being recruited in an organization or by an Individual, you use your skills and experience to provide services to a number of clients. Freelancers work for themselves, they are self-employed. The services rendered by freelancers could be on a one-off basis or a short-term contract.
Freelancing is a popular career choice for most people nowadays. According to recent statistics, there are 1.1 billion freelancers in the world and 75% of freelancers say they wouldn’t trade their freelancing job for other types of work.
The big question is if freelancing is this flexible and freelancers can earn a livelihood from their job, would it suit your kind of person? How do you know you would succeed as a freelancer? This article examines the topic: 5 questions to ask yourself before choosing a freelancer career.
- Can you work alone with little or no supervision? This is one important question anyone going into the freelance business must ask him or herself. The reason for this is because you may spend most of your time working alone as a freelancer, probably at your home office, workspace, or studio. If you don’t mind and can conveniently do this then thumbs up to you. Sometimes freelancers could come together to collaborate but this doesn’t happen often.
- Can you organize your time effectively? In freelancing, you are in total control of your time and how you want to spend it. For you to be able to deliver projects and gigs for customers as and when due, you must allocate duties to yourself and stick to the schedule. Any time wasted may delay the work at hand and prevent you from meeting the set deadline.
- Can you do many different things? Freelancing is a serious business and freelancers are business owners. So you would end up doing so many things like website upkeep, networking, negotiations, bookkeeping, and lots more.
- Can you take risks and handle uncertainties? There are no guarantees that when you start off on the freelancing path, you will start getting gigs immediately. It takes a great deal of determination and planning to grow and flourish as a freelancer. Even when the money is not coming as you want, you have to continue pushing and maintain positivity.
- Are you confident you can do the job? This is important because some business owners who hire freelancers for jobs want to pay peanuts. You need to believe in your skills and what you have to offer, this would enable you to demand what you are worth. However, ensure that when you demand a certain amount as payment, you have all it takes to deliver.
Now that you have answered these five questions, there is a platform that has been designed to help freelancers get more gigs and grow in their various fields. This platform is no other than www.bixex.com. Bixex is designed to not only fuel business growth but also ensure that all registered freelancers get gigs via the marketplace and earn a substantial amount of money. Beyond this, you set your price in US dollars and get the money paid into your bank account in your local currency.
To get started on Bixex, simply download the app on Google or Apple Play Store or visit www.bixex.com
Bixex is simple, safe, and secure.